Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mission Trip fun

And we are back... well actually we have been back for a week. I went to World Changers in Casper, WY. My Mommy came to help Josh take care of bug. THANK YOU MOM! The AC went out in the bus so it was a roasting oven but the beast got us to or destination and back home. We stayed at a KOA in Bozeman MT on the way to Casper and on the way back. It was a really nice campground. It had a hot springs right next door so on the way back from Casper most of us went and enjoyed it. The Junior High we stayed at was okay. We learned that it was falling off the hill so they are in the process of building a new one. Yep that is right it is sliding off the hill. Doesn't that just give you a safe feeling? We spent the week wondering how many world changers would it take to push it over the hill. Although impossible it was a fun pondering. The showers left a bit to be desired. They were midget height and only drizzled so a cup was a necessary shower item. However, they were warm and there was more than one of them. The weather was good. It rained almost every day but generally after 4 when we had already left the sites. I was able to go visit an old friend (well she is not old but you get the idea). April picked me up and we had coffee at a local coffee house. It was fun reminiscing and catching up. Unfortunately, I burnt the crud out of my tongue it hurt the rest of the week leaving me with a fear of drinking anything hot.
God has really been moving in my life the last couple of weeks. It all started last Monday (at WC) and has continued. He has given me some direction and is placing me and consequently Josh in an interesting place in life. I applied to seminary for the fall term so we will see what happens there. I believe God is working and has set us out a plan for the next two years but as always we must wait and pray to make sure that is true. I have this inherent fear of failing that God is also working with so prayer that I take this leap would be gratefully appreciated. As always Josh is supportive of whatever God calls us too (sometimes I wish he wasn't but I do love him for it). I read the book "If You Want to Walk On Water You Have to Get Out of the Boat" by John Ortberg and strongly recommend it however, I send out a caution as well: don't read if you don't want to change some things. I will hopefully post some pics of the trip and of course my burnt tongue this next week. We are headed down to Walla Walla to see the fam for the 4th. Hope ya all have a great Independence Day.

No comments: