Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Crock Pot Tuesday

So I will post about last weekend this coming weekend but today is dedicated to Crock pot Tuesdays. Last week I was sitting at my desk and telling one of my co-workers about my plan to make a crock pot meal every Tuesday. After a bit of discussion she suggested and then provided the following recipe:

Chicken with Creamy Chive Sauce

Ingredients
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 and 3/4 lbs total)
1/4 cup of butter or margarine
1 0.7-ounce envelope Italian dry salad dressing mix.
1 10 3/4- ounce can of condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 of an 8-ounce tub of cream cheese with chives and onion
Hot Cooked Pasta (optional)

Directions:
1. Place chicken in a 4 quart slow cooker
In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
Stir in dry salad dressing mix. Stir in the soup, wine and cream cheese.
Pour over Chickenin cooker.

2. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
Serve chicken with sauce. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta and sprinkle with fresh snipped chives

__________________________________________________________________
When I went to the store to get the ingredients most came without a hint of trouble but then I got to the dry white wine. I don't drink wine so I had no idea which one to pick lots and lots of them were white and lots and lots were not. So I whipped out my PDA phone and googled dry white wine. Thank goodness for technology! After reading many suggestions I chose Sauvignon Blanc; whatever that means. I was surprised to read that Chardonnay was not a good choice there were so many of those. Again goes to show how much I know about wine. Also, cooking wine is a bad idea apparently it is too sweet. Who new... Okay so I didn't follow the recipe exactly either. I bought the low fat cream cheese and also got cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom (Josh hates mushrooms). I served it over bow tie pasta. It was magnificent!!! We were able to eat the chicken breasts without a knife they just fell apart. Abigail loved it too. So thank you Jen for a great recipe it is one I will defiantly do again.

1 comment:

Karen Tews Lien said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm a big crockpot fan and am loving your recipes. Thanks!